Frequently Asked Questions
- What size are carddles?
- When folded, carddles are roughly 13cm x 18cm. That's just a bit smaller than A5.
- What are carddles made of?
- Carddles are made of a heavyweight (300 gsm) card with a gloss finish. The card itself is FSC certified and is completely biodegradable and recyclable.
- Does each carddle come with its own envelope?
- Yes, every carddle comes with its own kraft envelope.
- Do I retain the copyright in the artwork that I upload to Carddle?
- Yes, you retain the copyright in all your uploaded artwork. Selling your artwork through Carddle does not prevent you from selling or publishing it elsewhere. You are also free to withdraw your artwork from Carddle at any time, at which point it will no longer be published or sold by us.
- How much will I earn for each carddle?
- Each carddle sold earns you a guaranteed 10% royalty. In addition, customers can give you an optional tip, all of which goes directly to you (minus the card-processing fee our payment provider charges - currently 2.4%).
- How are royalties calculated?
- Royalties are calculated as a percentage of the sale price, excluding VAT, and rounded to the nearest whole number of pence. So if a carddle is sold for £2.99 exc. VAT, a 10% royalty would be worth £0.30.
- Will I receive royalties for carddles that are refunded?
- Royalties will not be paid for sales of carddles that are subsequently refunded.
- How will I be paid?
- Payments will be made in GBP into a PayPal account of your choosing.
- When will I be paid?
- Royalties will be paid on the last business day of the month following the month in which they were earned. e.g. Royalties earned in January will be paid on the last business day of February. In order to receive a payment you must have reached the minimum payment threshold of £20. If you have not yet earned £20, your earnings will be rolled over to the next month.
- Is there a delivery charge?
- No! Delivery is completely free.
- Do you deliver internationally?
- At the moment we only deliver to addresses in the UK, but we will be offering international delivery in the near future...
- How long will it take for my order to arrive?
- We aim to print and dispatch all carddles within 48 hours. Carddles are sent 1st Class by Royal Mail and should arrive 1-2 working days after being dispatched.
- How do you ensure that my payment details are secure?
- Our entire website is served over SSL, which means you can be confident that the data you send to us is being encrypted. Our payments are powered by Stripe, a PCI Service Provider with Level 1 certification - the most stringent level of PCI certification there is. Finally, we make sure we do not store any sensitive card data on our servers.
- Can I personalise my carddle by printing a message inside it?
- All carddles are left blank inside so that you can handwrite your message and make them extra personal!
- What should I do if there's something wrong with my order?
- If you're not completely happy with your order, please email us at email@example.com and let us know how we can help.